1. Tell us about yourself.
2. Why do you want to be a firefighter? When did you decide on this career?
3. What is the job of a firefighter? Are you qualified?
4. What have you done to prepare for this position?
5. What are you bringing to the job?
6. Why do you want to work for this city or agency?
7. What do you know about this city or agency?
8. What do you like to do? What are your hobbies?
9. What are your strengths? Weaknesses?
10. What would your employer say about you?
11. What are the attributes of a firefighter? What is the most important one to you?
12. Drinking or drugs on the job?
13. Stealing on the job?
14. Conflict with another employee?
15. Irate citizen?
16. An employee crisis at an emergency?
17. Sexual harassment?
18. Racial situation?
19. Conflicting orders at an emergency?
20. An order that could place you in great danger or be morally wrong?
21. What do you say when you don't know an answer to a question?
22. Are you on any other hiring lists? What would you do if another city called you?
23. When can you start if we offered you the job?
24. How far do you want to go in the fire service? Where do you see yourself in 5 years?
25. What are the quality traits of a
firefighter? Which one is the most important to you?
26. Have you ever been in an emergency situation? Tell us what you did.
27. What word would best describe you in a
positive way? A negative way?
28. How do you handle conflict?
29. Why would we select you over the other candidates?
30. Do you have anything to add?