2014 San Antonio Fire Exam
Applications Jan 20-24 only!
The City of San Antonio will be accepting applications for the March 28th exam for the position of Firefighter for the San Antonio Fire Department.
For the 10th consecutive exam, Don McNea Fire School will once again be preparing applicants for the 2014 San Antonio entry-level examination. Keep checking our website at www.FirePrep.com in the next 3 weeks for exam prep details.
Applications will be accepted online ONLY from January 20th-January 24th at www.sanantoio.gov
. On January 20th, the San Antonio Fire Department will post additional details of the exam. Please check the following
website for additional information: http://www.sanantonio.gov/safd/recruit.asp
Applicants must possess the
following qualifications at the time of application for the position of Firefighter:
1. Applicants must be at least 19 years of age at the time of testing.
2. Applicants must not have reached 34 years at the time of testing.
3. Applicants must have a high school diploma or G.E.D. certificate.
4. Applicants must be able to read, write, and speak in the English language.
5. Applicants must not have any of
the disqualifying items listed below on his/her record:
- Conviction of a felony or other crime involving moral turpitude.
- Any discharge from the United States Armed Forces other than honorable (Uncharacterized and Entry Level discharges may be accepted and will be assessed on an individual basis.)
- Two or more traffic violation convictions within the 12 months preceding the date of application
- Conviction of a Class A or Class B misdemeanor or its equivalent within the 24 months preceding the date of application.
- Conviction of a Driving While Intoxicated, Driving Under the Influence of Drugs, or their equivalent within the 5 years preceding the date of application
6. Must have completed the Hepatitis B vaccine series prior to their date of entry into the Fire Training Academy.
7. Additional Suitability Factors to be aware of when applying to the SAFD are